Day Number One

A Dude got to his new home at 10pm Friday night. 🎉🎉

Moses and Rachel were next door and about to take their dogs out. We said hello. We couldn't hang out because we had to unpack. A Dude will make acquaintances tomorrow.

He climbed up the back steps okay but he had to back up so I could open the screen door and almost fell back down. I will get him a ramp but, for now, just have him wait at the bottom until the door is open.

I sent you an ebay post for a ramp.  I will get him that one.  Petco, here in town, has it but it's $75 instead of $22.

We got inside and he inspected his new home. He walked around every room. He slipped a few times on the living room floor because the wood floor is very slick. I will be getting a rug. Then we put all his stuff away.

He laid down for a few minutes on the bed but then he got up and went in the living room and laid down. He didn't sleep very long though. I think he was waiting up for his mom to come home. He didn't want to come in the bedroom. Finally around 2:30 he came in and laid down by me. Sleeping now.

I logged back into Home Again and they seem to have found his record because they had updated his record to the vet he had in Reno. I updated it to Sierra Vet Hospital until I get him a vet here. Then I downloaded the form for his dog license. I filled that out.

Because I am a senior and he has a chip, the price is $22.50 for 3 years. I will send that in. It also asks for his Rabies tag #. I didn't want to wake him up so I'll put that in when we get going in the morning.
He did not want to pee last night. Just boo boo. He had a drink at dinner time and he wanted some more water around 1am but he hasn't wanted to go out.

In the morning we will go for our first walk. Just half a block. I'd like to get out before Moses and Rachel walk their dogs. Their dogs are young and Dude wouldn't be able to keep up. They can just bring their dogs over here and meet him. I will take some pictures though.

Comments