My Diary 2/7/2008


Hey! The Geezer came home for a while and we all hung out. It was pretty cool. I didn't realize how much I'd missed him. His leather shoes are so much fun to chew on! He really likes the game where I bite the shoe and he pushes me off and I bite the shoe again! I'm actually a bit surprised how easy it was to train him to do this. Seems like a pretty smart guy.

It stopped raining for a couple of days and we all went down to the beach and played in the tide pools. Did a little ball-chasing on the sand and I even met some lady dog down there. She was kind of old, but still sniffable, I suppose.

I went to class and we got into all that "stay" stuff. I don't really get it. Why would I want to stay in one place? Life's not about staying in one place. It's about running around, and climbing on things, and chasing the quacky-duck toy, and leather shoes. Am I right or am I right?

Anyway, the teacher is nice. She lives with some poodles. The Geezer was there, too. We did some of that sit and stay business. It was actually a lot of work and I was pretty beat by the time we went home. Nobody had to tell me to get in my kennel.

Now we're back to normal around here. The Geezer bailed out and went off to wherever he goes. I think he must go to someplace where there's a lot of rawhide bones because he often brings me some when he comes back. I think that last time the hunting must not have been so good. He was gone a long time and when he came in he didn't have any bones for me. Maybe it has something to do with climate change. I hear a lot about that these days. When he came in and didn't throw me anything I wondered for a minute exactly what is this guy good for? But then I thought better of it...leather shoes.

Well, gotta get back to work.

Let's stay in touch!

Comments